Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Covers

By Charina SM
            Do you remember the saying “never judge a book by its cover”? Well, my friends let me tell you it may be true; but we all do it anyways. There may be that moment when we are walking in the store and we just have to stop, because we saw that cover that captured our attention. It happened to me, and I’m sure it has happened to you too. I’m not saying that every book with an amazing cover is a good book. But we have to admit that sometimes when you don’t know a thing about that book or the author, that cover can mean the difference between a sale and you walking home without a good book. So, to get to my point; I get mad whenever I see a good book with a bad cover, or when I see a book that had a great cover and they changed it. Why do people changed book covers? If it was a bad cover I will get it, but a great cover to something ugly? I just don’t understand. For example, a couple of weeks ago I did a review for Awakening the Nightmare by Lanie Malone. Those who read the review know that I liked the book. It is an ebook and I wish I could buy a hard copy, because I like the cover as well. But today, as I was trying to put the book on my Goodreads listopia “Judge A Book By Its Cover!” I notice that they change the cover of the book to something that I have to say doesn’t do the book any favors. The old cover looked artistic and mysterious, I thought it was perfect for the book; the new cover looks like a poster to a bad zombie movie. Lanie Malone, and the person who made the new cover, should go back to the old cover. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think. 
  Old Cover:
 New Cover:

2 comments: