Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza


Book Review
“The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza” by Steven Stickler

By Charina SM

Goodreads Synopsis: Auggie Spinoza is a ten-year-old boy with a secret: he is a special agent who can travel through time. Now, he finds himself locked in a desperate battle against evil forces trying to change the course of history. To defeat them, Auggie must pursue a dangerous quest to find a set of mysterious clues hidden in the past.

With the help of a clever new friend and advice from a cast of famous characters with names like Jefferson, Darwin, and Plato, Auggie fights to fulfill his destiny and save his world from ruin.”

Clever.

        I love this book! I don’t know if it is because my inner child is a nerd, just like I was as a child, but I love this book. I was a little nervous when I started reading it. The author told me that the book was aimed at kids in the 10-11 yr. old age range. After I started reading, I couldn’t put the book down.

Characters: I love the characters! Talk about creativity; they pulled me in. I also like how the villains had a tangible distinctive trait. It was not just the fact that they were evil. It was also the way Auggie felt around them, even without knowing that they were evil. I love the side characters. That was creative.
Story: I love the story. It was creative. It had fights, time travel, history lessons, code breaking, bad guys, good guys, and exotics places and eras. I couldn’t put this book down. It was such an easy read. It took no time to finish. I think this book should be made into an animated movie. I could see everything in my head just like a movie.
Romance: There was no romance in this book, and it was not needed. People who read my reviews know that I love romance; this time I couldn’t care less about it. This book is perfect as it is. It is a kid’s book, so it doesn’t need romance.
Typos: None! I couldn’t find any typos. If there are any typos I didn’t saw them.
        Overall I recommend this book. You should read it. Your kids should read it. And if there is ever an animated movie about this book, I’ll go see it. Then I’ll buy the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment