Tuesday, March 5, 2013

5 Questions with M.C.V. Egan



M. C. V. Egan is the chosen pen name for Maria Catalina Egan, author of The Bridge of Deaths. Originally from Mexico City, Mexico; M.C.V. Egan has lived in various parts of the USA as well as France and Sweden. She is fluent in four languages; Spanish, French, Swedish and English.



Welcome to The Book Keepers Blog and thank you very much for taking the time to this.

Thank you Charina for inviting me to the Book Keeper, I am so happy to be here.

1.           What kind of music do you listen to?
I am 53 years old and I like a wide variety of music:
-When I am in a nostalgic mood I tune in to the ‘70s or 80’s music and smile with thoughts and feelings of my youth.
-If I have music on when I write it must be classical, relaxing no Opera!
-When I feel heartbroken if I cannot tap into Adele, I go country (great music to cry to).
-I have been known to fall in love with movie soundtracks, and when I get hooked on one I listen and listen until I can sing along.
-I have a 14 year old son, and he loves Black Sabbath, The Rolling stones and what the radio calls Alternative Rock, so I get that often in my car.
-I love Annie Lennox, with or without the Eurhythmics, The Beatles,  One Republic, Natasha Bedingfield and oh so many more.

2.         If you could eat any type of food while you are writing, what will it be? Why?
I love food, I love to cook, I love to eat, and I love fun cooking show like Chopped and Worst Cooks Ever! I do not ‘eat and write’ but I do interrupt my writing to cook and eat.
At one point I did have m&ms next to me, but it was getting much too fattening so I drink water, tea or coffee; and just WRITE! I still gain weight because I love to eat!

3.          What is your favorite TV show and why?
I have two favorite TV shows right now, Elementary and The Good Wife.
Both shows are fun and unique in each episode, full of surprises; one with juicy murders and the other with legal cases and politics. At the same time they form a storyline that hooks you and you want to follow the thread of how the characters develop and how their relationships change and grow.

4.         If you could write any book, even if he has been written already, which one will it be? Why?
I feel that I am a good and diverse writer, so I take it this question is about a book I know I would not be capable of writing.
It would have to be a book that creates an entire ‘other world’ setting, be it Sci Fi or Fantasy. I just cannot imagine creating a world like that and I have read some FANTASTIC books that do this in such a Brilliant way!

5.          Five things you’ll take with you to a deserted island?
I am guessing part of it is essential survival, if not change the fire-starter for a great set of color drawing pencils and the fishing pole for a fabulous telescope!
1.   A Solar powered e-reader with thousands of wonderful books downloaded.
2.  A Hammock, the kind with a light-weave that looks small but can open comfortably to lie long-wise or sideways.
3.   Sketch pad. (Will draw with charred wood from fire).
4.  Something to make a fire.
5.   A fishing Pole. (To catch protein for all the great fruits and veggies I would find in my deserted island).


Thank you very much for being with us. Good luck with your book.
If you want to know more about The Bridge of Deaths, read more. http://thebookkeepersblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-bridge-of-deaths-by-mcv-egan.html

M.C.V. Egan’s novel The Bridge of Deaths is available on: Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment